Majma is fast becoming the "small, but perfectly-formed festival." Since
Raheesha and the Desert Divas took over the festival in March 2008, their aim is to unite and
showcase dancers by offering them a unique festival experience.
"Many of our festival-goers say Majma is like 'coming home' and that's
exactly what we offer. The Desert Divas and I want everyone to feel at home and we are delighted when
we hear people say how warm and friendly and well organised Majma is," said Raheesha.
Exciting plans are now underway to make Majma better than ever. Every year Majma
features a glittering array of international and UK stars to teach workshops and perform over
the Majma weekend!
Among the highlights planned for Majma 2017 are:
- Two evening gala performances featuring highly-skilled International Guest Stars and top UK dancers
- Sunday's Shimmy–On finale where you can take to the stage
- Post-show disco to dance the night away
- Shopping galore at Majma's massive souk
- Up to nine-hours of workshops in number-controlled classrooms